What I’m reading
I am going to Europe, and I’m going to have a marvelous time. I’m going to get up at 10:00, and I’m going to have two glasses of wine at lunch every single day.
Gilmore Girls, Season 5
(My mom and I have been having a major pre-departure marathon-
Somehow I doubt my time in Europe will be that easy though!) (via diariesfromdenmark)
Ok so here is my official first post for my Get Fit goal.
Here are my fitness goals, as of right now
Current Weight: 135 lbs. (Height: 5’4”)
I like my weight, and am usually comfortable with my body, but I’d like to lose a couple of pounds, and get some actual abs. My goal right now is to break into 129 lbs by February 17th (the first time my long-distance boyfriend is visiting me this semester)
To get fit, I’ve set up a list of rules to follow. I’m definitely not a nutritionist, but these are rules I’ve gathered from friends, magazines, and Oprah (to be honest)
- No sweets (This is going to be the hardest! I’m addicted to ice cream)
- Low sodium (It makes you bloated, and Time Magazine just came out with a huge anti-sodium article)
- Drink a cup of green tea after every meal (Helps with digestion)
- Eat larger lunches, and smaller dinners (Want to go to bed a little hungry, otherwise food just sits and rots in your stomach overnight)
- Don’t eat anything after 7:00 p.m. (Same reason)
- Minimize carb intake (To lean out, and use protein for energy instead)
- Try to eat every color of vegetable every day (Colors represent vitamins)
- Get as much sleep as possible (Even though in college, 4 is the new 7)
- Stop eating before you’re completely full
- Breakfast: Cup of oatmeal, without sweetener
- Lunch: Large bowl of salad, with almost everything at the salad bar (I’ll include my official recipe in a later post)
- Dinner: Soup (I usually end up eating something else small in addition, but soup is the goal)
- Elliptical for 200 c. every weekday morning before class (takes about 17 minutes)
- Do a small ab workout everyday
- 5 days a week, do cardio for 1 hour and spin for twenty minutes to cool down
Classes cancelled today because of ice rain… literally ice falling from the sky
It is in vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquillity: they must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Aims: Get fit
My wonderful boyfriend/personal trainer/ fitness and nutrition fanatic made me a fitness plan!
This section of posts will be a list of updated goals, or aims, that I have. I’ll follow each aim throughout the blog to track my progress.
- Get fit: Really fit… my boyfriend convinced me to do the Death Ride in California, a 129 mile bike ride up five mountain passes (ha)
- Get into sorority
- Get summer internship: I’m only a freshman, but I feel like I’m the only one of my friends who doesn’t have her life planned out (summer internship included), so I need to get on it!
- Get a part in the spring musical: I’m not a very musically person, but last semester I did a sport (crew), so I’m trying something new this time! Stay tuned… (unintentional pun, but I am a little off tune singing-wise…)
This blog is the diary of a west coast girl at an east coast college. I am starting it as a second semester freshman, and plan to document my entire college experience until graduation. It will give advice on how to be a college student, as I learn the hard way (I’ve already gained and lost the freshman 15), and be an uncensored window into a college girl’s life.
Affaires (daily life, stories)
HowTo (survive classes, stay fit, go to parties…)
Favorites (songs, websites, videos…)
Aims (see next post)